|Ratio :||3:1—-10000:1||Backlash :||up to 8 arcmin|
|Output :||up to 65000N.m||Frame :||PL/WPL040-550|
Output: Straight teeth
WPL core feature
Reducer output planetary frame, gear ring are using split structure design, reducer parameters are uniform and good, product processing technology is the same as high-end products, and the same high precision processing equipment manufacturing, cost-effective.
Reducer gear ring, planetary frame, input shaft are made of 40Cr high-quality structural steel, hot forging process, so as to obtain higher material density, than the use of casting box, round steel, with higher strength, rigidity, toughness.
Real hard face spur gear, gear material is 20CrMnTi high quality alloy steel, after carburizing – grinding process processing, hardness up to HRC62, compared with ordinary steel 40Cr, 38CrMnTi surface nitriding treatment of gear has higher hardness, rigidity, toughness, wear resistance. The design and analysis technology of 3DSimulation is adopted to modify the tooth shape, tooth direction and follow the trimming, respectively, in order to reduce the noise of gear meshing and increase the service life of the gear train.
The product parameters are uniform and good, can bear a certain radial and axial load, low and medium precision requirements, excellent performance.
Precision planetary reducer – about installation
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Cylindrical Gear|
Smooth and Controlled Movement in Industrial Robots with Planetary Gearboxes
Planetary gearboxes play a crucial role in ensuring smooth and controlled movement in industrial robots, enhancing their precision and performance:
Reduced Backlash: Planetary gearboxes are designed to minimize backlash, which is the amount of play or free movement between gear teeth. This reduction in backlash results in precise and accurate motion control, allowing industrial robots to achieve precise positioning and repeatability.
High Gear Reduction Ratios: Planetary gearboxes offer high gear reduction ratios, allowing the robot’s motor to output higher torque while maintaining lower speed. This capability enables robots to handle heavy loads and perform tasks that require fine adjustments and delicate movements.
Compact Design: The compact and lightweight design of planetary gearboxes allows for their integration into the limited space of industrial robot joints and actuators. This compactness is crucial for maintaining the overall efficiency and agility of the robot’s movements.
Multi-Speed Capabilities: Planetary gearboxes can be designed with multiple gear stages, allowing industrial robots to operate at different speeds as needed for various tasks. This flexibility in speed selection enhances the robot’s versatility in performing tasks of varying complexities.
High Efficiency: Planetary gearboxes are known for their high efficiency, which translates to minimal energy loss during gear transmission. This efficiency ensures that the robot’s movements are smooth and consistent while optimizing energy consumption.
Torque Distribution: The arrangement of planetary gears allows for efficient distribution of torque across multiple gear stages. This feature ensures that the robot’s joints and actuators receive the appropriate amount of torque for controlled movement, even when handling varying loads.
Seamless Integration: Planetary gearboxes are designed to be easily integrated with servo motors and other robotic components. This seamless integration ensures that the gearbox’s performance is harmoniously aligned with the overall robotic system.
Precision and Accuracy: By providing precise gear reduction and motion control, planetary gearboxes enable industrial robots to perform tasks that demand high levels of precision and accuracy, such as assembly, welding, painting, and intricate material handling.
Reduced Vibrations: The reduced backlash and smooth gear engagement in planetary gearboxes contribute to minimized vibrations during robot operation. This results in quieter and more stable robot movements, further enhancing their performance and user experience.
Dynamic Load Handling: Planetary gearboxes can handle dynamic loads that may change during robot operation. Their ability to manage varying loads while maintaining controlled movement is essential for safe and reliable robot performance.
In summary, planetary gearboxes ensure smooth and controlled movement in industrial robots by minimizing backlash, offering high gear reduction ratios, providing a compact design, enabling multi-speed capabilities, maintaining high efficiency, distributing torque effectively, seamlessly integrating with robotic systems, enhancing precision and accuracy, reducing vibrations, and enabling dynamic load handling. These features collectively contribute to the precise and optimized motion of industrial robots in various applications and industries.
Differences Between Inline and Right-Angle Planetary Gearbox Configurations
Inline and right-angle planetary gearbox configurations are two common designs with distinct characteristics suited for various applications. Here’s a comparison of these configurations:
Inline Planetary Gearbox:
- Configuration: In an inline configuration, the input and output shafts are aligned along the same axis. The sun gear, planetary gears, and ring gear are typically arranged in a straight line.
- Compactness: Inline gearboxes are more compact and have a smaller footprint, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Efficiency: Inline configurations tend to have slightly higher efficiency due to the direct alignment of components.
- Output Speed and Torque: Inline gearboxes are better suited for applications that require higher output speeds and lower torque.
- Applications: They are commonly used in robotics, conveyors, printing machines, and other applications where space is a consideration.
Right-Angle Planetary Gearbox:
- Configuration: In a right-angle configuration, the input and output shafts are oriented at a 90-degree angle to each other. This allows for a change in direction of power transmission.
- Space Flexibility: Right-angle gearboxes offer flexibility in arranging components, making them suitable for applications that require changes in direction or where space constraints prevent a straight-line configuration.
- Torque Capacity: Right-angle configurations can handle higher torque loads due to the increased surface area of gear engagement.
- Applications: They are often used in cranes, elevators, conveyor systems, and applications requiring a change in direction.
- Efficiency: Right-angle configurations may have slightly lower efficiency due to increased gear meshing complexity and potential for additional losses.
Choosing between inline and right-angle configurations depends on factors such as available space, required torque and speed, and the need for changes in power transmission direction. Each configuration offers distinct advantages based on the specific needs of the application.
Factors to Consider When Selecting a Planetary Gearbox
Choosing the right planetary gearbox for a specific application involves considering various factors to ensure optimal performance and compatibility. Here are the key factors to keep in mind:
- Load Requirements: Determine the torque and speed requirements of your application. Planetary gearboxes offer different torque and speed ratios, so selecting the appropriate gearbox with the right load capacity is crucial.
- Ratio: Evaluate the gear reduction ratio needed to achieve the desired output speed and torque. Planetary gearboxes come in various gear ratios, allowing you to customize the output characteristics.
- Efficiency: Consider the gearbox’s efficiency, as it affects energy consumption and heat generation. Higher efficiency gearboxes minimize power losses during transmission.
- Size and Compactness: Planetary gearboxes are known for their compact size, but it’s essential to choose a size that fits within the available space while meeting performance requirements.
- Mounting Configuration: Determine how the gearbox will be mounted in your application. Planetary gearboxes can have different mounting options, including flange, shaft, or foot mountings.
- Input and Output Types: Select the appropriate input and output shaft configurations, such as male, female, keyed, splined, or hollow shafts, to ensure compatibility with your equipment.
- Environment: Consider the operating environment, including temperature, humidity, dust, and potential exposure to chemicals. Choose a gearbox with appropriate seals and materials to withstand the conditions.
- Accuracy: Some applications require precise motion control. If accuracy is essential, choose a gearbox with minimal backlash and high gear mesh quality.
- Service Life and Reliability: Evaluate the gearbox’s expected service life and reliability based on the manufacturer’s specifications. Choose a reputable manufacturer known for producing reliable products.
- Backlash: Backlash is the play between gears that can affect positioning accuracy. Depending on your application, you might need a gearbox with low backlash or a method to compensate for it.
- Budget: Consider your budget constraints while balancing performance requirements. Sometimes, investing in a higher-quality gearbox upfront can lead to long-term cost savings through reduced maintenance and downtime.
By carefully considering these factors and consulting with gearbox manufacturers or experts, you can select a planetary gearbox that best meets the unique demands of your application.
editor by CX 2023-09-26